Monday, July 7, 2008

The Top 3 Stumbling Blocks to Psychic Development

Have you heard someone say, “Everyone has some degree of psychic ability”? Did you then think, “Ok, so where’s mine?” I think everyone has psychic ability that is either naturally prevalent or is latent but can be developed. However, those who wish to develop these skills often are met with a few stumbling blocks that normally stop them from reaching their goals. Let’s take a look at 3 main stumbling blocks to psychic development.

The first stumbling block is a misunderstanding of psychic ability. A lot of people expect what they see in the movies: bright, colorful, photographically clear images that present a story. I have found, though, that most clairvoyants don’t have that kind of crystal clear experience. For instance, when I see something, it’s usually a brief flash, occasionally in color, and it’s often symbolic and requires a little thought to find the meaning behind it. I have had many discussions with friends of mine who are psychic and they tell me they have the same type of experience I do.

It is also important to know that clairvoyance (seeing psychic images) is not the only ability a person can have. Some people hear (clairaudience) things such as the voices of spirit guides; others feel (clairsentience) energies or detect danger through “gut feelings”. Some even smell etheric scents. Whatever your psychic strength is, start by developing it first and then move to others later, if you want to. My psychic strength happens to be clairsentience.

The second stumbling block to psychic development is what I call “chasing the information”. This refers to the tendency to “go get” the information we want. Chasing the information places a big road block between what we’re trying to learn and ourselves. Instead, approach it from a relaxed and receptive state, allowing the information to come to you. Have you wondered why so many psychics have prophetic dreams? They are in a very deep state of relaxation and receptivity when they're asleep. If you know how to meditate, I would recommend slipping into a light meditative sate. If you don’t know how to meditate, don’t worry. Just be calm and relaxed and allow the information to enter your mind.

The third stumbling block to psychic development is trust. Many people expect the information to take one form and end up getting something different, causing them to dismiss what was received. The key to moving along the path of psychic development is to trust the impressions you get. For instance, I was working with my sister one time, trying to discover the cause of her headache. I received an image of her house and couldn’t make sense of why I would be shown that. I was sure my mind was simply conjuring up this picture and it had no relevance. But, trusting what I was receiving, I asked her if anything was going on at home that might be causing her stress and she confirmed that she was very worried about an upcoming party she had to get the house ready for. Had I simply assumed I was making up the picture of her house because it wasn’t what I was expected to be the answer, I might not have found the problem.

Psychic development can be a very fun and rewarding journey as long as you approach it from a relaxed and open state of mind. Try not to force anything and don't get discouraged when things don't turn out the way you hoped. In time, you will develop a greater trust in your abilities and see real improvement. I wish you the best of luck on your road to psychic development.

Blessings,

Jason Hundley

No comments: